Prospective Transfer Students

Ready to make a move to the main UA campus?  Ready to meet the challenges of an undergraduate degree in Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences program? You can choose between two subplans, Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences (ATMO) or Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources (EHY).

Whether you're coming to campus from a community college or another university, our undergraduate advisors can show you how the course work you've already completed can be integrated with the HAS major.  


Learn more about the programs we offer, including the undergraduate BS degree program in Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences (two subplans) and the Accelerated, or combined degree programs, in BS/MS Atmospheric Sciences and BS/MS Hydrology.

Consult the Office of Transfer Credit and Articulation for Credit Evaluations, both domestic and international institutions.

You can learn more about what our graduates do and where they work in the Careers and Opportunities sections.

Research & Professional Experience

Our students complement their academic study with practical and applied experiences through their field/laboratory courses, internships with employers in industry/consulting and government agencies, study abroad, and directed research with campus colleagues and external city, county, state, and federal agencies.  Many of these experiences are recorded and summarized in the students' Senior Capstone Projects.

How To Apply

After you meet or talk with us, you can apply at the UA Admissions website:  Click on the Transfer tab for a brief list of course and GPA requirements, as well as important deadlines.  Want more details?  Read about the Transfer Admission Application Process.


We'd be pleased to give you a tour of the department and introduce you to some of our students.  We are located in the John W. Harshbarger Building #11 at 1133 East James E. Rogers Way just west of the Student Union Memorial Center and the Second Street Parking Garage (see the visitor map).