The annual student research symposium, El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera, is held every spring and is one of the hallmark events held during EarthWeek, a showcase of research for students enrolled in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences and the School of Natural Resources and the Environment. Use the links to the right to find details about the most recent conference.
EarthWeek includes research symposia and events organized by and featuring students from:
- El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera hosted by the Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences
- Tree-Ring Day hosted by the Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- SWESx hosted by the Department of Environmental Science
- SNRExpo hosted by the School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- GeoDaze hosted by the Department of Geosciences
♦ ♦ ♦
Archive: AIR (Atmo) & El Día del Agua (HWR) Symposia
Both the Atmospheric Sciences and Hydrology and Water Resources departments have a long history of student-organized research symposia. During the merger process in 2016, students from ATMO and HWR held joint oral and poster sessions, a joint round table session, a joint career/professional table, and the first combined faculty instructor awards ceremony. The day ended with a celebratory small plates/cocktail reception with alumni attending the HWR 50th Anniversary Reunion followed by a student association-hosted pub celebration. In the future, the spring student research symposium and week-long activities devoted to "air and water" will become even more refined. Read about past winners of awards and prizes here.