Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com
The Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) in Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources is a program designed to enable advanced UA undergraduate students to complete both the Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources and the Master of Science degree in Hydrology in a total of 5 years. This program is currently only available to students who are completing requirements for a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Hydrology. This program is not open to students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree from another institution.
An AMP student focuses on completing undergraduate-level courses during his or her first three years. By the midpoint of the third or Junior Year (~December 1), the student must submit an application to the AMP program. After acceptance to the Accelerated Master’s Program (in late December), the student is approved to pre-register for a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses during the fourth year to complete Bachelor’s degree requirements. During this time, the student completes both undergraduate and graduate courses and begins to develop potential research ideas in preparation for graduate-level research.
In the fifth and final year, the AMP student focuses on graduate course work and a research-based thesis in order to complete requirements for the Master of Science degree program.
To be considered eligible to apply for the Accelerated Master’s Program in Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources, a student must:
- Be a continuing University of Arizona undergraduate (majoring in Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3
- At the time of application:
- Have completed a minimum of 75 undergraduate course units
- A minimum of 12 undergraduate units must have been completed in the student's major at the University of Arizona's Main Campus
- Submission of GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores is not required for applicants to the Accelerated Master's Program
- At the time of acceptance into the program:
- Have at least 2 semesters of undergraduate course work remaining to complete before being granted the Bachelor of Science degree
- Have fulfilled required components of the AMP curriculum to date
- Demonstrate the maturity necessary to compete in an accelerated, highly-competitive program
Contact Dr. Martha Whitaker for details!
Learning Outcomes top
Refer to the Assessment section for learning outcomes and measures.
Refer to the AMP Handbook for complete details.
- Responsible Conduct of Research Form
- Evaluation of Transfer Credit
- Only if using external transfer courses
- Master's/Specialist Plan of Study
- Master's/Specialist Committee Appointment Form
- Required for every Master's/Specialist student whether or not that student has a committee
- Master's/Specialist Completion Confirmation Form
- Submitted by department graduate coordinator on behalf of student to initiate final Graduate College degree audit
- Submission of Thesis Manuscript for Archiving
- Required if student completes a thesis
- Exit Survey
General Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissons Contact: Dr. Martha P.L. Whitaker - 520-621-9715
Undergraduate Coordinator & Director of Graduate Studies: Dr. Martha P.L. Whitaker - 520-621-9715