Salaried employees, also known as exempt* employees, are Exception Time Reporters. Employees in this category only submit a record of hours in a Timesheet when they report time off work, e.g. vacation hours, sick hours, jury duty.
Examples of employees in this category include:
- Most Classified Staff members
- Some Post-Doctoral Appointees or Post-Doctoral Fellows
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- Some Appointed Personnel staff members
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty members
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- all Graduate Assistants-Associates in Research, Teaching, or Unspecified (graduate RAs, TAs)
If you do not know if you are included in this category, contact staff in the main office (Harshbarger 122) for instructions.
You are responsible for completing your Timesheet according to the instructions below.
Staff and time permitting, you may receive a complimentary email reminder to complete your Timesheet if you have taken time off during the two-week reporting period, although this cannot be guaranteed.
If necessary, mark your calendar or set a reminder for yourself, so you do not miss the deadline.
If you are an Exception Time Reporter, you should:
- Logon to the UAccess Employee system and use only to report time taken off, e.g. vacation hours, sick hours, jury duty
- UAccess Employee logon at: http://uaccess.arizona.edu
- Report any hours taken off by 12:00 noon on Wednesday of the NON-PAYROLL (NON-PAYDAY) WEEK
- The reporting deadline is required because your Supervisor must approve the hours you have reported
*Salaried employees are not eligible to earn overtime (exempt status). They automatically receive a biweekly paycheck based on their FTE percentage hire, e.g. 1.0 FTE = full-time employee, 0.50 FTE = half-time employee.