HASSA is planning a hike to Mt. Wrightson on Saturday, 11/2! Wrightson is the tallest peak (9,456 ft) in the Tucson area offering a challenging climb, cool temperatures, and panoramic views.
Warning! This is a very challenging hike! Both the views and the elevation gain will take your breath away!
- WHO: HASSA plus HASSA friends and family...all are welcome!
- WHAT: Epic Mt. Wrightson Hike
- WHEN: Saturday, November 2 -- Meet outside Harshbarger at 7 am to carpool. This will be an all-day outing.
- WHERE: Hike will start at Madera Canyon Picnic Area which is about 50 minutes from campus.
- WHY: Spiritual and physical health
- HOW: 4000 Ft of elevation gain over several miles (11-14 miles roundtrip depending on what trails we decide to take)
What to Bring
- Lots of WATER!! (3-4 liters)
- Snacks! Lunch!
- Warm clothes (maybe a raincoat)
- Good shoes
HASSA will keep an eye on the weather leading up to the hike and send out alerts/changes if necessary. Please add your name to the google sheet (see email) if you'd like to go so we can figure out carpooling. Please email Maddy Holland or HASSA if you have any questions or concerns!