HASSA will be sponsoring a camping trip to Fossil Creek Waterfalls the weekend of October 11-13. Fossil Creek is one of the most beautiful places in Arizona--and one of only two designated National Wild and Scenic rivers in the state--with turquoise pools to swim in and an awesome waterfall with cliff-jumping opportunities.
Carpools will leave Tucson on Friday, October 11, AND Saturday, October 12, so you can make it a 1- or 2-day camping trip.
Refer to the sign up sheets distributed by email to learn more about ridesharing & how to rent camping equipment from Campus Rec.
Here is a list of some stuff to bring:
- Tent (or someone that will share their tent with you)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for one or both days depending on when you leave Tucson. We might get some lunch on Sunday on the way back, but it's better to have more food than you'll need (than not enough).
- 1-2 gallons of water depending on how long you're staying/ if you'll use water to cook
- Swimsuit or whatever you feel comfortable swimming in
- Water shoes / chacos / tevas are always helpful if you have them
- Hiking /sleeping clothes
Please contact HASSA officers if you have questions!