Current Status of $20,000 Alumni Goal
- As of 4/19/2019, we have raised $5,350!
- Your tax deductible contribution can be made easily through the Foundation website: https://www.uafoundation.org/NetCommunity/donations/has (Designate "Other" and type "Harshbarger 110 Reno")
- Early Summer 2019 Graphic Appeal to Alumni and Friends
- December 2018 First Appeal Letter (Pre-Award) to Alumni
What Are Collaborative Learning Spaces (CLSs)?
- The UA Innovative Learning Spaces website provides a definition and overview of the Collaborative Learning Space (CLS) concept, an environment that supports active learning pedagogies and promotes higher level thinking
Why We Need CLSs
- Watch this short video produced by UA Libraries to learn why CLSs are important: Now Under Construction: The New Student Success District!
- Read the Wall Street Journal essay by Denise Pope: PDF excerpt of The Right Way to Choose a College--What students do at college matters much more than where they go. The key is engagement, inside the classroom and out.
- White paper by Denise Pope (Stanford): Engagement in college is more important than where you attend. Learn more at her website, Challenge Success.org
- Link to Wall Street Journal: The Right Way to Choose a College -- Online publication of Denise Pope's essay, The Right Way to Choose a College (WSJ subscription may be required)