Crowdfunding Has Begun! Here's the Current Status of Our $100,000 Goal
- As of 7/23/2019, we have raised $71,050!
- As of 7/21/2019, we raised $69,950
- As of 7/18/2019, we raised $69,600
- As of 7/15/2019, we raised $64,325
- As of 7/10/2019, we raised $60,900
- As of 7/9/2019, we raised $59,900
- Help us reach our goal! Make your tax deductible contribution through the secure Harshbarger 110 Renovation Crowdfunding page!
- Remember--no gift is too small! With a dollar-for-dollar match from the department, your gift will have double the impact!
- Watch the Harshbarger Renovation video featuring Martha Whitaker, HAS Alumna and Associate Professor of Practice, with videography by Brittany Ciancarelli, HAS Alumna and Program Manager, BAS Online Education
What Are Collaborative Learning Spaces (CLSs)?
- The UA Innovative Learning Spaces website provides an overview of the Collaborative Learning Space (CLS) concept, an environment that supports active learning pedagogies and promotes higher level thinking
- Watch Joint HAS Associate Professor Emerita Katie Hirschboeck talk about how the Group Testing Strategy in a Collaborative Learning Space improves student learning
- More videos to inspire the use of Collaborative Learning concepts
Why We Need CLSs
- Watch this short video produced by UA Libraries to learn why CLSs are important: Now Under Construction: The New Student Success District!
- Read the Wall Street Journal essay by Denise Pope: PDF excerpt of The Right Way to Choose a College--What students do at college matters much more than where they go. The key is engagement, inside the classroom and out.
- White paper by Denise Pope (Stanford): Engagement in college is more important than where you attend. Learn more at her website, Challenge Success.org
- Link to Wall Street Journal: The Right Way to Choose a College -- Online publication of Denise Pope's essay, The Right Way to Choose a College (WSJ subscription may be required)