Salaried employees, also known as exempt* employees, are Exception Time Reporters. Employees in this category only submit a record of hours in a Timesheet when they report time off work, e.g. vacation hours, sick hours, jury duty.
Examples of employees in this category include:
- Most Classified Staff members
- Some Post-Doctoral Appointees or Post-Doctoral Fellows
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- Some Appointed Personnel staff members
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty members
- During the Academic Year (fall and spring semesters) -- all Graduate Assistants-Associates in Research, Teaching, or Unspecified (graduate RAs, TAs)
If you do not know if you are included in this category, contact your local business manager, Tomas Alvarez (email@example.com and 520-626-3241) or Sandy Holford (firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-6834).
You are responsible for completing your Timesheet according to the instructions below.
Staff and time permitting, you may receive a complimentary email reminder to complete your Timesheet if you have taken time off during the two-week reporting period, although this cannot be guaranteed.
If necessary, mark your calendar or set a reminder for yourself, so you do not miss the deadline.
If you are an Exception Time Reporter, you should:
- Logon to the UAccess Employee system and use only to report time taken off, e.g. vacation hours, sick hours, jury duty
- UAccess Employee logon at: http://uaccess.arizona.edu
- Report any hours taken off by 12:00 noon on Wednesday of the NON-PAYROLL (NON-PAYDAY) WEEK
- The reporting deadline is required because your Supervisor must approve the hours you have reported
*Salaried employees are not eligible to earn overtime (exempt status). They automatically receive a biweekly paycheck based on their FTE percentage hire, e.g. 1.0 FTE = full-time employee, 0.50 FTE = half-time employee.