A series of Matlab lectures will be offered by HAS Regents Professor Hoshin Gupta and graduate course assistant Sidian Chen (PHD HYD) as part of the fall course, HWRS 528: Fundamentals: A Systems Approach to Hydrologic Modeling.
This series of 4 lectures will be open to students in the department--including those not enrolled in 528--but is limited to 25 participants. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those unable to participate at this time, HASSA officers will record these sessions and links will be posted as they become available.
All lectures will be held in Harshbarger 110, the department's new Collaborative Learning Space, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm:
Lecture #1 Intro to Matlab Programming - Thursday, Sept 5
- Intro of computer programming
- Basic practice on Matlab (e.g. load data; generate plots; simple computation; write data)
Lecture #2 Programming a Simple Model - Friday, Sept 6
- Intro to Linear Reservoir (LR) model
- Program a LR model with a constant parameter
- Program a LR model with a variant parameter
Lecture #3 Program Structure - Thursday, Sept 12
- Flow control (if/then; while; for)
- Implement subroutines for LR model
- Intro of Nash Cascade and implementation
Lecture #4 Advanced Topics - Friday, Sept 13
- Vector/Matrix calculation
- Simple statistics
- Organize files/folders
- Q & A